orkest de ereprijs is the leading ensemble for new music in the eastern Netherlands. The group has made a name for itself both at home and abroad. It initiates new projects, often in co-operation with other disciplines, on both a local and international level. Additionally the orchestra offers a podium for young talent in the annual Young Composersâ Meeting and in its continuing alliance with the conservatories of The Hague, Rotterdam and Arnhem/Enschede/Zwolle (ArtEZ).
Approach – One distinguishing characteristic of orkest de ereprijs is its attitude: the ensemble is inquisitive and is poised to accept musical challenges and experiments. The strength of the orchestra is its approach to new music, introducing audiences to high-quality contemporary music while preserving its accessibility to the general public.
Members and Staff – Jacqueline van Brink, Marije van de Bergh – flute/- Hans Witteman – clarinet /Sabine Laar en Ans van Dijk saxophones/Sjoerd Pauw – trumpet/Jeroen van Dijk – horn/ Peter de Hoop en Beppie Schalken – trombone/ Dineke Griek – tuba/Aljosja Buijs – piano /Paul Voselectric – guitar/ Herman Lamers – bass guitar/ André Groen – percussion/
Wim Boerman – conductor/artistic director/Michel Bezem – administrative manager
24th YOUNG COMPOSERS MEETING – February 25 – March 02 2018
Directors will be: Martijn Padding, Richard Ayres and international guests to be appointed in collaboration with Gaudeamus.
Gerda van Zelm, professor at the Royal Conservatory Den Haag will be coaching the singers.
The senior composers will also teach individually and take care of the lectures. The program will furthermore consist of concerts, lectures and an excursion to Kröller-Müller Museum.
Requirements for participation of the Young Composers meeting:
– Young composers up to 30 years of age and of any nationality are invited to apply for participation before October 15 2017.
Do not forget to send a biography and at least 1 score of a recent composition and a tape or CD to: orkest ereprijs, Postbus 1203, 7301 BL The Netherlands.
– The directors will make a selection of maximum 16 participants. At the beginning of November the applicants will be informed whether they are selected or not.
– The selected applicants are requested to enter a short work of about 3 minutes for orchestra de ereprijs. The 3-minute compositions will be rehearsed during the week and performed at the final concert.
– The 3 minute work should be entered before January 15, 2018.
– Details concerning the instrumentation of ‘orchestra de ereprijs’ will be communicated after the selection.
– The costs for participation are 450 Euro including meals and housing.
– The participants will be housed in shared rooms in a hotel in Apeldoorn.
– The participants have to take care of their own transport to Apeldoorn .
– At the closing concert, 3 promising composers will be commissioned to write a new composition.
– One composer will be commissioned to write a new work for the ensemble ereprijs, to be performed
during their many concerts. The fee will be € 2.500,-
– A second composer will receive a commission for a solo work by the Internationale Stichting Masterclass Apeldoorn. The fee will be € 1.500,-
– A third commission will be granted by the Dutch National Youth Orchestra for their Summer Academy 2013. The fee will be € 2.500,-