24th Young Composers Meeting – February 26 – March 2 2018
Gerda van Zelm, professor at the Royal Conservatory Den Haag will be coaching the singers. The senior composers will also teach individually and take care of the lectures. The program will furthermore consist of concerts, lectures and an excursion to Kröller-Müller Museum.
Requirements for participation in the Young Composers meeting:
– Young composers up to 30 years of age and of any nationality are invited to apply for participation before October 15, 2017. Please do not forget to send a biography, at least 1 score of a recent composition and a recording of a recent composition to orkest de ereprijs, Postbus 1203, 7301 BL The Netherlands.
– The directors will make a selection of maximum 16 participants. At the beginning of November the applicants will be informed whether they are selected or not.
– The selected applicants are requested to enter a short work of about 3 minutes for orchestra de ereprijs. The 3-minute compositions will be rehearsed during the week and performed at the final concert.
– The 3 minute work should be entered before January 15, 2018.
– Details concerning the instrumentation of ‘orchestra de ereprijs’ will be communicated after the selection.
– The costs for participation are €450,-, including meals and housing.
– The participants will be housed in shared rooms in a hotel in Apeldoorn.
– The participants have to take care of their own transport to Apeldoorn.
– At the closing concert, 3 promising composers will be commissioned to write a new composition.
– Orkest de ereprijs commission: a new work for the ensemble ereprijs, to be performed during their many concerts. Fee: € 2.500,-
– ISM Apeldoorn commission for a solo work by the Internationale Stichting Masterclass Apeldoorn. Fee: € 1.500,-
– NJO commission will be granted by the Dutch National Youth Orchestra for their Summer Festival 2019. Fee: € 2.500,-
Young Composers Meeting 2017: winners
Ali Can Puskulcu
Harm Roche van Tiddens
commission Masterclass Apeldoorn
photo’s by Marije van den Berg