28 May 2022 | ReGeneration: Personal Cultures Plus | Orgelpark, Amsterdam
As part of ReGeneration 2021-2024, Orkest De Ereprijs has invited composers to write new music that connect genres and generations. With these new compositions for Orkest De Ereprijs, they offer an in-depth insight into backgrounds and provenances. Listeners of different cultures and traditions meet here in a flurry of new musical fusions. This series by De Ereprijs generates new connections across times and cultures.
Personal Cultures Plus
Personal background, just like with all of us, is unavoidable for a composer. But how does it affect his or her work? The Ereprijs commissioned six composers to compose an answer to the question: “where did this come from?”. The pieces in this program embody their personal connection to a musical culture.
- Christopher Trapani – Rumba Ingombra (Encumbered Rumba)
- Anthony Leigh Dunstan – plotting silences
- Jasna Veličković – while we were asleep
- Oğuz Büyükberber – Where are you from?
- Anthony Leigh Dunstan – headspace
- Jasna Veličković - Underneath
- Ted Hearne – To be whole is to be part
- Ned McGowan – Found in Translation
Jasna Veličković, velicon & organ
Oğuz Büyükberber, bass clarinet
Una Cintina, organ
Ned McGowan, contrabass flute
Orkest De Ereprijs
led by Gregory Charette
Saturday 28 May | 08:15pm | Orgelpark Amsterdam
Gerard Brandtstraat 26
1054 JK Amsterdam
For tickets click here