Young Composers Meeting 2022
28th Young Composers Meeting: February 20 - 25, 2022, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
About the Young Composers Meeting
Young Composers Meeting is an intiative by Orkest De Ereprijs to give young professional composers under 30 a chance to compose for an ensemble and develop their talents, knowledge and professional network.
During a week, 16 selected participants will come together in which they work on their new composed piece for Orkest De Ereprijs and singers. The week is filled with rehearsals, lectures and individual coaching by senior composers. This year, Martijn Padding, Richard Ayres, Huba de Graaff, Alison Isadora and Trevor Grahl are the senior composers. Georgi Sztojanov is the vocal coach for the singers. At the end of the week, all pieces will be performed during the final concert. After this, a jury of international senior composers will choose three participants with extraordinary talent to receive commissions.
Gregory Charette will conduct the orchestra during the Young Composers Meeting.
Applications for the YCM 2022 are closed.
The selected applicants are requested to enter a short work (3 minutes) for Orkest De Ereprijs. The 3-minute compositions will be rehearsed during the week and performed at the final concert. The 3-minute work should be entered before January 15, 2022. Details concerning the instrumentation of Orkest De Ereprijs will be communicated after the selection.
- The participation fee is €450,-, this includes accommodation and meals.
- The participants will stay in shared rooms in a hotel in Apeldoorn.
- The participants have to take care of their own transport to Apeldoorn.
- At the final concert, three promising composers will be commissioned to write a new composition.
- Frank van der Wal Fonds-commission: a new work for Orkest De Ereprijs, to be performed during their many concerts. Fee: € 2.500,-